Our Payee program is designed for individuals who experience chronic and persistent severe mental illness and are receiving Social Security Disability and Social Security Income benefits and other types of government assistance. These individuals sometimes need help in managing their funds.
Our payee is responsible for:
• Monitoring bank account with deposits, payments, etc.
• Paying rent, utilities, and other bills in a timely manner.
• Dispensing spending money in a regular and planned manner.
• Providing the client with direct access to information about his or her funds and communicating any concerns, issues, or problems that may need to be addressed.
• Communicating with government agencies and providing any required Documentation in order to continue any benefit process. I.e. the Housing Authority, Job and Family Services, Social Security Administration, etc.
• The Payee is also trained in all aspects of 211/Information and Referral services including linkage and referral to available community services.
Download the application here